Fine Arts and Communication
The Fine Arts and Communication Department includes degree offerings in:
Business Communication Track
Communication, Speech Theory Emphasis
Communication, Theatre Emphasis
Vocal Music Performance
Vocal Music Education (in conjunction with the Education Unit)
The Department of Fine Arts and Communication also cooperates with the Department of Education to offer the Bachelor of Arts in Speech and Theatre Education (7-12).
YC's Fine Arts and Communication Department:
- Helps students achieve their full potential in the arts by offering a supportive learning environment with high professional standards, small classes, and hands-on practical experience.
- Nurtures each student to better appreciate and understand expressive communication.
- Prepares students for confident and competent entry into their chosen fields, whether that be graduate school or their initial professional experience.
- Provides students with a balance of communication theory and practical application.
- Expresses passion about exploring the body-mind-spirit connection and about how faith and learning are integrated in such a way as to prepare students for life -- not just their professions.
- Offers a variety of opportunities to be involved. There are multiple performance opportunities through YC Theatre, YC Concert Choir, Celebration Singers as well as other departmental venues.
- Promotes private lessons in voice and piano.
- Directs the spring Songfest performances as well as occasional musical theater productions.
If you have questions about the Fine Arts and Communication Department, or would like to schedule a tour of the program, please contact Dr. Clark Roush, Chair of the Department of Fine Arts and Communication.