A Degree in English from York College leads to
- Publishing and editing industry
- Copywriting and advertising
- Public Relations and communications
- English Education
Graduate or professional studies, including:
The Department of English also cooperates with the Department of Education to offer the Bachelor of Arts in Secondary English Education (7-12).
- Develop skills in effective reading, higher-level writing, and critical thinking.
- Broaden scope and promotes aesthetic understanding of many types of literature, including film and young adult literature.
- Expose students to York’s excellent student-to-faculty ratio that provides each student with highly personal interaction with faculty and other students in upper level classes.
If you have questions about the English Department, or would like to schedule a tour of the program, please contact Dr. Clark Roush, Division Chair of Humanities and Fine Arts.