Sigma Tau Delta
International English Honor Society
The Alpha Gamma Upsilon chapter of Sigma Tau Delta was established at York College in 1993. Since then, chapter members have been involved with:
- Presenting original works at the Sigma Tau Delta National Conventions
- Publishing original works in The Rectangle (an international literary magazine) and in Unvarnished Words (the campus collection of academic and creative writings)
- Sponsoring the York College Knowledge Bowl (an interdisciplinary academic competition on campus) Competition is scheduled for January 23, 2010 from 1-5 pm in the Spiritual Life Center.
- Applying for specific society scholarships
- Raising the standard of literary and academic excellence
The criteria by which members are selected adheres to national and chapter standards. Candidates must meet the following:
- Junior or Senior status (minimum of 60 credit hours)
- Declared English or English Education major
- Cumulative 3.0 GPA
- Cumulative 3.2 GPA for all English course work
- 9 Hours of completed English credit beyond basic English Composition courses (ENG 113 and ENG 123
If you have questions about the English Department, or would like to schedule a tour of the program, please contact Mrs. McNeese, Chair of the Department of English.