Natural Sciences and Mathematics
The Natural Sciences and Mathematics Department includes degree offerings in:
Biology, Bachelor of Arts track
Biology, Bachelor of Science track
YC's Natural Sciences and Mathematics Department:
- Gives students an awareness of the world in which we live and our responsibilities as inhabitants of this world.
- Contains dynamic faculty that instruct and mentor students.
- Prepares graduates with analytical and critical thinking skills necessary for most scientific and mathematical careers.
- Boasts graduates who have been accepted into some of the country's top universities and programs for the health professions and other graduate studies. Includes career prepartion as physicians, veterinarians, optometrists, physician assistants, pharmacists, chiropractors, nurses, and more.
- Develops an appreciation for our scientific heritage and the value of mathematics and science as processes that are useful to our understanding of our world and ourselves.
- Cooperates with the Education Department to offer secondary subject endorsements in Biology Education, Physical Science Education, or secondary field endorsements in Mathematics Education and Natural Sciences Education, as well as endorsements in science and mathematics for those majoring in middle school education.
- Allows for any of these bachelor degree programs to be obtained with an Athletic Training Emphasis.
If you have questions about the Natural Sciences and Mathematics Department, or would like to schedule a tour of the program, please contact Dr. Ray Miller, Chair of the Department of Natural Sciences and Mathematics.