As a faith-based ministry, York College is committed to the principals of Biblical stewardship. The relationship between Christians and our possessions is governed by the following convictions:
- God is the owner of all things. Psalm 24.1
- God’s people are entrusted as stewards with the time, talents and treasures given to each one of us. Matthew 25.14-30
- We are given an opportunity to use every resource from God to build up the Kingdom of God and, in so doing, bless the lives of others. Galatians 6.10
Christians are called to view themselves as “stewards” rather than “owners.” Stewards care for things entrusted to them with joyful hearts understanding that our only purpose is to honor God in every part of life.
In this context, we ask each person considering a contribution to York College to do so in the larger context of their role as steward. We ask friends and alumni to prayerfully consider including YC as one of the ministries you support each year. YC is, first and foremost, a ministry that works in the educational context to prepare men and women for greater service and submission to the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
As you make your stewardship decisions, we encourage you to commit to the work of your local church and its ministries. Then, as you consider other ministries you might support, know that York College continues to touch the hearts of students each year with:
If you are concerned about your role as a steward, please contact us for a confidential visit about your plans and goals. For more information about specific planning tools that may help you achieve your financial goals, you may also look at our planned giving page.
- A strong focus on missions and the importance of personal evangelistic mission.
- An overt commitment to the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
- An excellent preparation regardless of the chosen academic discipline.
- A nurturing environment that values each student’s strengths and aspirations.
Mr. Brent Magner, 402-363-5636 or email@example.com
Mr. Nick DiToro, 402-363-5660 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Tim Bruner, 870-612-2644 or email@example.com
For more ideas on Christian stewardship, online resources include:
Focus on the Family – www.family.org (Look under the "marriage," "life challenges," and "faith" menus.)
Generous Giving – www.generousgiving.org
Crown Financial Ministries – www.crown.org
Dave Ramsey -
A five lesson series on stewardship has been shared by Mr. Tom Smith. It includes a wealth of scriptures on the Christian's role and privilege as steward - Studies in Stewardship from the Summit Church of Christ in Cold Spring, Kentucky.
If there is a website or program that has encouraged you as a steward, please share it with us!