Financial Aid


Undergraduate Financial Aid

Explore the scholarships and aid available to undergraduate students.

Learn More


Online & Graduate Financial Aid

Explore the scholarships and aid available to online and graduate students.

Learn More

Undergraduate Financial Aid

How to Pay for College:


Financial aid in the form of loans is borrowed now and repaid later, usually after you graduate. Your FAFSA information will determine your eligibility for federal loans, but you may also seek out private loans that will be verified by York University's Financial Aid Office. 

How to Apply for Aid


Unlike loans, you do not have to repay grant aid. Grant funding is renewed by sustaining your academic progress and demonstrating commitment to your education. YU offers some need-based grants, and you may also qualify for state or federal grant aid. Like other federal funding, your eligibility for grants such as the Federal Pell Grant is based on your FAFSA filing.

View Grants


To celebrate your achievements and endeavors, your admissions packet may include scholarships based on your academic merit and/or extracurricular, service-learning and leadership involvement.

View Scholarships


Based on your FAFSA information, you may be eligible for the  federal or institutional Work-Study program. This program allows you to work part-time as you complete your degree, gaining valuable career experience while funding your education.

Work-Study Info


Federal School Code

Our school code is 002567. Students need this code to submit their FAFSA information to York University. 


12Average Class Size
BooksIncluded in Tuition
98%Awarded Financial Aid

Frequently Asked Questions

You can apply for federal financial aid for the next academic school year starting October 1. It is highly recommended that students apply quickly so that they do not miss out on grants and scholarships available. Some aid is first-come, first-served, it's best to file forms as soon as possible. 

It is not a requirement to attend YU but it is highly recommended. Without filling out the FAFSA, you will not be able to access any federal funding, grants or loans. 

To opt out you will be required to fill out a form. Please contact your enrollment counselor or the Financial Aid Office.

Yes. Eligibility for federal student aid does not carry over from one award year to the next, so you need to fill out the FAFSA form for each year in which you plan to be a student.

Financial aid award letters include the types of scholarships, grants and loans you have been awarded for that academic award year. You will be required to accept or deny the awards you wish to use. 

Financial aid award letters are sent to students after they fill out an application for admission and submit a FAFSA.