Transfer to YU
The staff of the York University Admissions Office do all they can to ensure you have as smooth of a transition to YU as possible. Our application for admission is free and there is no essay requirement. We are excited to walk with you on your path to success!
Admissions Checklist for Undergraduate Transfer Students
1. Submit a free application online.
2. Send in Transcripts & Test Scores
- Submit ALL college transcripts
- Transfers who have completed less than 27 transferable hours, must submit
- high school transcript/GED diploma
- ACT/SAT/CLT scores (ACT school code:2484, SAT Code: 6984).
3. Complete FAFSA
4. Pay Enrollment Deposit & Reserve Housing
5. Accept Financial Aid Package
6. Register for Classes
For more details visit the Admissions Process page.
How to Pay for College
YU believes in the value of the education we offer. Whether you’re applying for scholarships, grants, loans or even a work-study job to help you pay for college, we can help! Explore the different ways to fund your education at York University.
YU hosts a new student orientation at the beginning of each semester for all incoming on-campus students. In the spring, the orientation is a one-day program. In the fall, before classes begin, you will attend Genesis, a 4 day orientation intended to maximize your transition to York.
We believe that students are able to have a fuller York experience by living on campus. All full-time undergraduate students must live on campus unless they meet the criteria for living off campus and receive prior approval from the Student Life Office.
Apartment living is available to transfer students who meet one of the following criteria:
- 21 years of age before the first day of classes for the semester
- Earned 60 hours of college credit
We are on a rolling admission system. However, we suggest that you apply as early as possible prior to the semester that you are planning to transfer.